Flathead River Writers' Conference


Authors of the Flathead's annual writing conference took place this past weekend with great success! We try to keep attendance at 100 but attracted 110 writers this time. Next week I'll share the particular life-changing strategy I learned. But the absolute best part of this and any writing conference is spending time with other writers.

No matter where we fit in the writing/publishing continuum, writers share the love of putting words on the page. Once again, I found that I'm not unique in another important and humbling way: Many of us fear the self-reveal that accompanies publishing our work. I talked about the fear with a few writers who are stuck. Like me, they have written reports, facts, technical pieces for decades, but the prospect of sharing themselves in fiction blocks their progress.

Just when I think that I don't have anything to offer other fiction writers, I find that I do. The self-reveal hasn't killed me, and it won't kill them.

Comments

  1. Kimberly Winkowitsch10/12/2013

    Hi Ann, It was so nice to sit next to you at the Writers' Conference and get all of your great advice, since I am such a rookie. Thank you for being so generous with your help. I hope your writing goes really well in November. I don't know if I dare to take the plunge this time, because I need to get a blog set up and start on some other goals. I better decide quickly.
    Thanks again, Ann. It was so nice to meet you.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Busyness vs. Calm

Is This the Year?

I Don't Know What I Think Until I Write It Down