Somehow We Do

I read every book review as it lists on Amazon. I now have 60 and feel so grateful to the readers who take the time to rate and review Burden of Breath. To think that words I wrote have touched/infuriated/surprised/spoken to an unknown reader... it all takes my breath away.

I cherry-picked a very favorable review to share below. She and I don't know one another, but somehow we do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, but well done, September 24, 2013
This review is from: Burden of Breath (Kindle Edition)
I just finished reading this on my husband's Kindle. I don't know what I expected, but this was not it, this was so much more than I expected. It is very well written, quite honest, raw, and insightful into the complexities of relationships effected by mental illness and abuse. Not a happy book, very disturbing at times, but rang true despite being a novel. If you are looking for an inspiring book with inspiring lovable characters and a happy storybook ending, this is not the book for you. If you are looking for a realistic dramatic depiction of mental illness and it's long lasting, and passed on, effects in those who live with it, then this is for you. The author truly captured the emotional roller coaster of being an abused child who struggles to find their self, their inner peace, and the ability to establish real relationships in adulthood. This book realistically depicts the mind of both the abuser and abused. As in real life, all is not wrapped up in the tidy package of a storybook ending, but there is some resolution and life goes on. This author truly has a gift for writing on this subject matter, better than other authors' books I've read with similar subject matter.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10/18/2013

    What a great review. I feel the same about the book as this reader does, but I didn't have the words to express them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Busyness vs. Calm

Is This the Year?

I Don't Know What I Think Until I Write It Down