A Story about Getting Old

My short story, "Offerings," is part of a collection published in the 2013 Summer Issue of Sixfold. (Check it out here for free.) It's about an elderly widow who does her best to remain independent while taking personal risks and deceiving her adult children.

The story takes place in the Dallas home where we lived for 15 years before moving to Montana. Huge lush bois d'arc trees surround the house, and a creek runs behind. Our courtyard at left appears in the story as does the gnarly creek. It makes me a little homesick.

I'm beyond happy that we live in beautiful NW Montana now, but it's clear that my stories haven't caught up to my geographical location.

Hope you enjoy "Offerings."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busyness vs. Calm

Is This the Year?

I Don't Know What I Think Until I Write It Down