One thousand words to go?


Welcome to my world for the past (almost) month of NaNoWriMo. I've hardly blogged, hardly emailed with friends and family, rarely exercised... You get the picture. With the exception of 4 fun days in Tennessee for Car Guy's family reunion, my butt has been in that desk chair, and my head has been spinning a tale of guilt and deception on that old laptop's sticking keys. 

I'm one thousand words short of my goal of 50,000 this month. Whew! They're proving to be the hardest. The blank screen has mocked me for an hour now, so I decided to post a blog instead. Pretty soon, I'll have to clean a toilet or rearrange my sock drawer.

Why has writing become difficult to close to the end? The final thousand words of this challenge won't be the last I write on this story. It never occurred to me that the NaNoWriMo challenge wouldn't end on November 30th. Instead, the new manuscript has created a whole new world, and I can't wait to see what happens.

Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busyness vs. Calm

Is This the Year?

I Don't Know What I Think Until I Write It Down