Book Reviews Matter!

Readers may not know how important reviews are to an author. Although an avid reader my entire life, I had written only two book reviews up until three years ago. Both Peace Like a River by Leif Enger and All the Pretty Horses by Cormack McCarthy moved me so deeply that I had to share my literary love with the world!

Now I know that sharing my enjoyment of a novel (blockbuster or lesser-known work) with other readers is important. So I review novels that move me and describe why I recommend them.  Frankly, I won't give a bad review to any novel unless it infuriates me in some way, e.g., plagiarized or terribly terribly written. If I simply don't like the novel, I stop reading and move on.

My motto: Support the good ones and ignore the rest!

I read all my reviews and try not to live and die by them. Each review is a heart-felt opinion about my novel - a note left by one reader to those who follow.

It matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busyness vs. Calm

Is This the Year?

I Don't Know What I Think Until I Write It Down