Is This the Year?

Spring came early to NW Montana in 2015. February resembled a typical April on our hilltop, and today, only a few snowy patches remain in the forest. The bald ground on which I’m thinking about building a studio asks me, So is this the year you build it?
Potential studio building site
           Potential studio building site
I’ve always wanted a separate studio in which to write, work on craft projects and not have to clean them up until finished, practice yoga, or take a quiet nap. But mostly a place of my own to write. My current office is a lovely space filled with my treasures. It is also the guestroom and repository for furniture and lamps that don’t fit anywhere else in the house.
Why am I dragging my feet on the studio project? The answer woke me a 5:00 a.m.
If I own a writing studio, then writing becomes an official and committed relationship. Having finished the first draft of my third novel just this week, the time is ripe to accept the fact…
My name is Ann, and I’m a writer.
Happy Spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busyness vs. Calm

I Don't Know What I Think Until I Write It Down